Water Watch & Climate Update
The Island Climate Update
El Niño/Southern Oscillation (ENSO)
- El Niño/Southern Oscillation (ENSO) conditions are currently near neutral.
- Sea Surface Temperatures in the equatorial Pacific close to or slightly below normal in the east and slightly above normal in the west.
- The Southern Oscilla4on Index (SOI) is slightly positve (+0.7 for June 2017).
Click to download a copy of the Island Climate Update in PDF
July to September 2016 rainfall forecast
- Southern Cook Islands: Below or well below normal rainfall experienced over 5 of the past 6 months. Normal or below normal rainfall is forecast over the next 3 months.
- Northern Cook Islands: Above nromal rainfall is forecast over the next 3 months.
Click to download a copy of the Water Watch in PDF